Friday, April 4, 2008

Spice up my life. Please.

[When I woke up this morning, my laptop was open next to me and this list was typed up in Notepad. I wrote it last night post-bar. I vaguely remember the internet being down. I left it as I found it.
This list reveals that I am uncertain about the definition of SPICE.]

My spices.

1. Sea salt. I don't have a favorite brand. I guess I need to spend more time with the Barnebeys. I will keep it in a salt grinder, not in one of those tiny dishes with a tiny spoon because those dispensers get dusty and gross. Wait, I think sea salt is a stupid choice if I will be surrounded by (presumably) salted water. Scratch the sea salt. I will harvest it. Is sea water iodized? Am I going to have goiters? Fuck.

1. Fresh garlic. Is this a spice? I know it's spicy. I eat a lot of raw garlic. I don't think I smell weird. I don't think garlic counts. It's a food.

1. Okay, how about cayenne pepper? Actually that would be a bad choice because I already choice RedHot (cayenne pepper sauce) as a condiment and I could probably just reverse engineer that stuff.

1. Cinnamon. This one's a keeper. I will be making pies. Rolling out the dough Boxcar Children style with a glass bottle (of basalamic vinagerette, one of my condiments).

2. Pepper. In a grinder. I like it on fresh greens. Will come in handy if I have to graze on wild grasses.

3. Is Smartfood popcorn powder a spice? I could really go for some of that right now.

3.

1 comment:

wb said...

As usual Joanna brings some interesting points to the table. Despite her enigmatic numbering system, I have taken them to heart. Harvesting my own sea salt not only seems possible, but also ecologically sound.

5. Cinnamon wouldn't even enter my Top 15 list.