Saturday, April 26, 2008

Beer Me, Please

Like any good, upstanding Wisconsinite, I like beer. A lot. Whether it's sitting on Papa Bear's porch for 5 hours on a lazy Wednesday afternoon, watching (the 1st place) Chicago Cubs, or a Saturday afternoon at the Terrace, I can usually be found with a beer in my hand, and a smile on my face.

1. Lilly Lake Porter
A northern Wisconsin beer. I only advise having 5 at the most, during one day. Very full and dark. This will get you drunk without you even knowing it.
2. Newcastle
I've probably had more of these than any other beer, except for Coors Light. Several times when I've been out, some random person has overheard what I've ordered, and then complimented me on this selection. It's kind of odd when strange men come up to you and start talking to you about beer.
3. New Glarus Spotted Cow

This is the leisure- in-the-sun beer. (Or the after-sexytime beer.) Perfect for days out at the Terrace, or days with Natalie, Rosario, and Zhang. It was either this, or Blue Moon. Since SC is brewed just outside of Madison, the Cow wins.
4. Capital Brewery Winter Skal
I think I've only had this at the Ivory Room, during the past 2 harsh winters. It almost makes me long for a foot of snow, snow emergencies, and white-out driving conditions.
5. Franziskaner Weis
We drink this out boots. That's how you know it's good.

No comments: